Wednesday, September 12, 2007

I (finally!) Got Dennis His Video Up On YouTube


Several weeks ago, I did the Timpani Criterium (you can check
out my race report for all the gory details) - and I got there early,
mostly to videotape the Cat 4 race, where my teammate,
Dennis Pedersen, was trying to place at least 5th (in order to
upgrade into Cat 3 before the end of this racing season).

Well, Dennis got 2nd place (congrats, Dennis!) - and I told him I
caught it all on videotape - he told me he had never seen himself
racing on video, so I promised to get the video up on YouTube
ASAP.

Then I managed to "misplace" the magic USB cable you need to
pull the video off the camcorder and onto your PC - oops! And,
I got busy with the usual stuff that engulfs your daily life - every
once in awhile, Dennis would query me, "Hey - how about that
video, Steve?" ....uh, any day now, Dennis...

In the meantime, I enlisted the aid of my son, Mitchell, to tape
our Giro di San Francisco crit (you can read the coverage of
that disaster of a race, if you want), as well as my somewhat
comical redemption at the Benicia Town Race (details can be
found here).

Side note: Dennis just sent me an e-mail to a link of some
nice guy that took pictures at our Benicia Town Race - that
picture you see above shows me in my blue SCCCC kit (on the
right side of the photo). I'm even smiling - this was most
likely just before my seatpost slipped down to my top tube
and hampered the rest of my race (but, I finished, anyway!).

Back to my story: I had just about given up finding that
damn cable and was about to buy a new USB cable for the
camcorder when I got lucky and found the missing cable -
wooohooo!! That night, I pulled off the video for that
Timpani crit race - and now, Dennis - here it is, for
posterity's sake:

Timpani Criterium Cat 4 Race on YouTube

And with that, I removed one of those monkeys that's been
riding on my back... :)

I would have pulled off the other videos, too - but our internet
connection really sucked last night - it took an amazingly long
time just to upload that one video. We'll try again tonight for
those other videos...

Enjoy the show, Dennis!

No comments: